ICYMI is Fembot’s weekly news roundup, providing you last week’s feminist and social justice news. Check out what you may have missed every Monday.
- Planned Parenthood formally responded to Carly Fiorina‘s lies in the second GOP debate. Why is shock-value winning over political debates still?
- Lara N. Dotson-Renta of the Atlantic explores her experience as a woman of color and bringing up a biracial child.
- Viola Davis was the first black woman to win an Emmy for best actress. Her speech hit every note on Hollywood and popular culture’s diversity problems. “The only thing that separates women of color from anyone else is opportunity.”
- Transparent’s Jill Soloway spoke out about the 30 states that still have trans discriminatory habitation laws in place.
- Lady Gaga’s new video is bringing the haunting reality of campus rape to the mainstream. TW: rape, asexual assault, graphic content
[image via x]