ICYMI is Fembot’s weekly news roundup, providing you last week’s feminist and social justice news. Check out what you may have missed every Monday.
- 74 MPs of the Lithuanian Parliament voted in favor of Article 38 of the Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania this week, an amendment that seeks to keep the official family dynamic heterosexual-only.
- Members of the Black Lives Matter Movement in Toronto interrupted Pride to demand more diversity and representation in the celebration.
- After 41 people were killed, and nearly 200 injured, 13 people have been identified as suspects after to Istanbul airport bombing.
- In the deadliest terror attack Baghdad has seen this year, 170 people have been killed and 120 killed in a suicide bombing on Sunday, in a deliberate attempt by the Islamic State to target Shia Muslims.
- 13 hostages rescued after an eleven hour stand off in Bangladesh. The world mourns the death of the more than 20 others that lost their lives as the police continue to investigate.
- Ever wondered why you like to eye roll so much? Broadly talked to an anthropologist who explains why women are more likely to love it.
[image via x]
Have a thought about this piece? We encourage your civil communication with our writers. Tweet us at @fembotmag or reach out to us on our Facebook page. If you have any news stories you’d like us to write about, or include in our weekly news round up, then be sure to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us.