ICYMI is Fembot’s weekly news roundup, providing you last week’s feminist and social justice news. Check out what you may have missed every Friday!
- Myth Busted: New research shows women do ask for raises as often as men—they just don’t get them. The gender wage gap is real. To get the facts, including how it’s affected by race, check out the AAUW’s The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap. You can download the updated 2016 report and even a Powerpoint doc on the topic!
- Pinksourcing with Kristen Bell: While we’re on the topic – Kristen Bell Spoofs The Wage Gap In A Hilarious New Video
- “Can a Sister Feel Beautiful?” Leslie Jones, in a must-see gifset from the 2016 Emmys, addresses her recent hacking and the posting of nudes to the web
- Bollywood Feminism: Why Amitabh Bachchan starrer Pink is an important film for feminism in India
- Girl Power: 12 yr. old Emma Yang has created the “Timeless” app to help Alzheimer’s patients remember
- Go Sky Go! 8 yr. old Sky Brown from Miyazaki, Japan just became the youngest female to to skate in the Vans US open Pro series (video)
- ¡Felicitaciones! Congratulations to the Bolivian transgender community, as Trans People in Bolivia Issued IDs Matching Gender Identity For the First Time
- THAT’S how you ally: This Incredible Mom Has Held The Same Sign At Pride For Over 30 Years
- After AfterEllen: today the 14 year old website for queer women is closing down. AfterEllen and the digital media bust: Queer spaces for women are disappearing, even on the Internet
- Feel-good story of the week: Inside the South’s First LGBTQ School Where Students Are Safe, Free and Powerful
[image via x]
Have a thought about this piece? We encourage your civil communication with our writers. Tweet us at @fembotmag or reach out to us on our Facebook page, or Tumblr pages. If you have any news stories you’d like us to write about, or include in our weekly news round up, then be sure to email us at email@example.com or tweet us.