ICYMI is Fembot’s weekly news roundup, providing you last week’s feminist and social justice news. Check out what you may have missed every Friday!
- Emergency in Poland – This is Not a Drill: Polish Women to Go On Strike Oct. 3 As Part of #CzarnyProtest Against Proposed Anti-Choice Law
- Trump is a Sexist Pig, There’s No Debating It: 10 Times Women Wanted To Throw Things At The TV During The Debate; The first debate featured an unprepared man repeatedly shouting over a highly prepared woman; Donald Trump is every woman’s workplace nightmare: Debate with Hillary Clinton was a crash course in everyday sexism
- Rest in Power: Labour launches female mentoring scheme in memory of ‘champion of feminism’ Jo Cox. “The scheme, designed to help hundreds of women into leadership roles, is named after the MP who was a champion of international feminism.”
- Portland Feminist bookstore says #FuckPortlandia for trans-antagonism and transmisogyny. “‘LOL Fred Armisen in a wig and a dress’ is a deeply shitty joke whose sole punchline throws trans femmes under the bus by holding up their gender presentation for mockery and ridicule.” (TW for transmisogyny)
- You Gotta Fight for Your Right(s): Same-Sex Parents Fight for Rights in Chile; Groundbreaking rape survivors’ bill of rights expected to be signed by Obama; Meet the 24-year-old who could change how the US handles sexual assaults
- #RepresentationMatters: on the importance of Muslim LGBTQIA+ visibility in the age of Donald Trump and #PulseOrlando: Coming Out as Bi when You’re Muslim and Married
- Break the Binary: Young Thug for Calvin Klein – “I feel like it’s no such thing as gender”
- Weekend Reading: Five Trans-Centric Webcomics to Know and Love. “These five webcomic stories put trans characters on center stage and explore the ways we live, love, laugh, and hurt as trans people.”
[image via x]
Have a thought about this piece? We encourage your civil communication with our writers. Tweet us at @fembotmag or reach out to us on our Facebook page, or Tumblr pages. If you have any news stories you’d like us to write about, or include in our weekly news round up, then be sure to email us at email@example.com or tweet us.