ICYMI is Fembot’s weekly news roundup, providing you last week’s feminist and social justice news.
- Polish Feminist Protest #CzarnyProtest Succeeds! After Protests, Polish Legislators Vote To Reject Abortion Ban. “Before the vote on Wednesday, Jaroslaw Gowin, the minister of science and higher education, said that the protests “caused us to think and taught us humility.”
- Donald Trump: Serial Assaulter, National Disgrace: Trump’s leaked comments aren’t just “lewd.” They describe sexual assault (TW for sexual assault, victim blaming). U.S. readers, register to vote here.
- Exodus: Powerful Evangelical Women Split From Male Church Leaders to Slam Trump.
- Michelle Obama Gives a Historic Feminist Speech: Michelle Obama Explains Why Trump’s Comments About Women Are So Horrific. You’ll be seeing quotes from this speech in meme graphics for years to come. Read the full transcript here. Watch the video here.
- When Equality Feels Like Oppression: Lindy West on Twitter – “so trump talked for 40:10 & Clinton talked for 39:05, yet he threw 47 tantrums about not getting equal time.” The ‘Feminized Society’ Myth – How the gender perception gap makes a female minority feel like a majority. Cartoon by Jen Sorensen: Hillary’s Internal Debate on Trump
- Pussy Grabs Back November 8th: the web wasn’t having Trump & Co’s victim shaming and rape apologism. 18 Very Real Tweets About Trump’s “Locker Room Talk”
- #RepresentationMatters: On the campaign trail with transgender Senate candidate Misty Snow. Go Misty Go!
- We Don’t Need Another Hero: “Mulan” is not a romance: Even with an all-Asian cast, Disney’s live-action remake could still miss the mark
- Oct. 11 was International Day of the Girl: International Day Of The Girl 2016: Quotes And Facts To Celebrate, Empower Young Women
- It was also National Coming Out Day in the U.S.!
- The Rainbow Kids are Alright: Australia: Government Study Finds Kids in Rainbow Families are Doing Great!
[image via x]
Have a thought about this piece? We encourage your civil communication with our writers. Tweet us at @fembotmag or reach out to us on our Facebook page, or Tumblrpages. If you have any news stories you’d like us to write about, or include in our weekly news round up, then be sure to email us at email@example.com or tweet us.