Forum

[Sticky] September '17 Book of the Month: The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving A Fuck by Sarah Knight  

RSS

Fembot Magazine
Member Admin
31/08/2017 11:26 pm  

The is the first and foremost book on for our virtual feminist book club! So sit back, grab your drink of choice,  and enjoy the conversation that's about to start. We hope you find something new about yourself, and share your insight with the *world*. Who knows, maybe your favorite feminist author is reading this right now. 

Our inaugural book was inspired by our co-Founder Stephanie's review . She writes:

Unconstructive criticism and self-centered attitudes are the bane of my life. I care too much about what other people think of me, and I am incredibly sensitive to the rudeness of others. In a way, this can be good. As an activist I need to be sensitive to the insensitivities of the world: of the micro-aggressions, the troubling manifestos, and the physical and symbolic assault of the marginalized. But on a personal level, the amount of fucks I give to inconsequential things is not healthy.

I don’t mind giving a fuck about bigotry, but I’m so bored of giving a fuck about things that don’t matter. For example, childish Instagram comments, people being closed minded about things I enjoy, trying to avoid upsetting someone who doesn’t share my ideals, and so on.

As Stephanie's article both critiques and praises Sarah Knight's self-aware wisdom, it sparked an interest in how we can combat these apologetic feelings (aka the feelings of giving too many fucks). 

We will be using Stephanie's article as a blueprint for our convo. We have encouraged our readers (those who have followed our Instagram, etc) to buy the book starting today. If you click the image below to buy the book, a portion of the proceeds will go towards supporting Fembot! 🙂

Edited: 2 months  ago

ReplyQuote
Fembot Magazine
Member Admin
31/08/2017 11:26 pm  

On a personal level, how do you feel about the concept of this book? And what is some of the stand-out advice it gives, such as the Sorry not Sorry method?

ReplyQuote
Stephanie Watson
Editor-in-Chief Admin
07/09/2017 10:47 am  

Also, has anyone started to use the method in their daily life? How has it been working for you?

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register